Monday, January 14, 2008

Downing wants move to Tottenham

Stewart Downing has long been courted by the London club as a potential solution to their left-wing woes. Though Steed Malbranque provides quality, Spurs are rumoured to be seeking a left-footed player to function as a more natural winger, and Downing fits the bill. A star at his hometown club, Downing has shown loyalty but has recently shown signs of wanting to compete at a higher level. "I am aware and flattered by the interest from Tottenham," he said to Sky Sports News. "But until Middlesbrough and Tottenham agree terms I remain a Middlesbrtough player and am fully committed to helping Gareth Southgate and the team anyway I can. "I hope this situation is resolved sooner rather than later as all the speculation is affecting me and I would like to drawn a line under the situation and focus fully on my football career."

No comments: